Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dbonnell@gmail.com is offline

Default "Quick Release" plywood panel

On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:01:14 PM UTC-2:30, Harry K wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:52:23 AM UTC-7, wrote:

"Z" or "C" channel on one edge and bottom to set panel in and a screw to secure the opposite edge? There are other fasteners by the dozens for the free edge.

Z/C channel might just work. Worst case it will eliminate 50% of the fasteners. All I need to do is find some

Hurricane clips aren't appropriate for the application and a hinge won't get it done because of clearance issues (panel can't swing out far enough without hitting nearby obstacles).

One other item I neglected...the panel must support bodyweight (it's part of a climbing wall). Fortunately the bottom edge of the panel will be fully supported by underlying structure.

Thanks for the suggestions!