Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default 3hr power cut thanks to some trees

On 19/10/2012 16:20, wrote:
On Friday, October 19, 2012 1:25:25 PM UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 18/10/2012 22:41, Adrian wrote:

A few years back we were notified of a power outage (residential area)
from (IIRC) 1900 - 2200 (and it was that long). This was in December,
and it was during a cold snap. The distro company's helldesk couldn't
understand why this was a problem.

We have one pending to replace the poles. The outage is planned to be
08:30 to 16:30 and no reconnection if you are not in when they need to
do safety checks. It was supposed to be this week, but has been
postponed until I know not when. My guess is it will be either a very
cold day or one when I am away.

What safety checks do they want to do? I've never known that happen when power is restored after an unplanned outage...

They don't say. Perhaps they don't want to connect someone with a PV
feed in or a back up generator (which I am considering hiring) to a line
that is supposedly dead while their blokes are still working on it.

Colin Bignell