Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Generic problem with Marshall valve amp mains transformers?

Gareth Magennis wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Gareth Magennis wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
In conjunction with British weather/ garage storage.

A spider or other bug might help things along somewhat though.

Gareth.

I think the edge is the key to it, it was that edge previously but the
wiring spacing was nearer 1mm than 2.5mm. As in that pic there is only 1mm
or so spacing between those 2 wires with the pd across, farther back to the
core, but its on the flat there.

I somehow don't think mold would go for edges, and similar I don;t see
spider **** would concentrate at edges. I once came across a failed scope
where the smps would not power up. The isolation of the opto-coupler had
failed because mold had grown on the glass sliver between each side and then
became conductive, scope stored in a shed.