Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Power Tool based Haunted House

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:34:10 -0400, Greg Guarino
wrote:

In this case it doesn't seem excessive. I wore goggles, but I really
should have had a face shield. I had at least one small object sting
my cheek. And I was extra careful around the (galvanized)
fenceposts. Had I hit one with that blade it might have torn a rift
in the fabric of the space-time. What's more, it *looks* like a
slightly over-spec string trimmer, so people might feel they can
come nearer than they should.

Yeah, I use my neighbor's mesh face shield and earmuff combo when I
work for him. They're on my to-buy list for next year. Those little
stones and twigs can scar your face up right quick, can't they?

On a related note... Ya know - for decades, I wouldn't wear protective gear
when using my chainsaw. And... my chainsaw sees regular use, not occasional
use. Didn't need that stuff and all that. Well, at a point, my son gave me
a couple of hardhats with protective ear muffs. I don't even know what made
me try them out - after all... I didn't need that ****, did I? Well... it
took one session of cutting up some logs to realize the benefit of this
gizmo. I never thought my chainsaw was all that loud, until I used it with
ear protection. So - like we see and hear so many times - sure wish I'd
waken to this years ago...

--

-Mike-