Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How far can you drive your car with all the lug nuts removed?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:13:10 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On Oct 16, 11:35*am, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 07:50:58 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

On Oct 16, 7:35*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message

wrote the following on 10/16/2012 4:35 AM (ET):
How far can you drive your car with all the lug nuts removed?

This is a real challenge. *Remove all the lug nuts from all the tires on
your car.

I don't have lug nuts on my tires.

Is that like, "if a rooster laid an egg on the peak of a roof
......................"?

Steve

At least that one has something going for it...as opposed to the
sophmoric OP's.

Harry K

* I've had a few vehicles come in where the rim was rusted to the hub
so badly I could not knock them off with a sledgehammer and I resorted
to putting the nuts on very loosely and going for an agressive ride.
On one ond Chevy pickup it took almost 10 miles of accelerating,
braking, and swerving to get all 4 loose.- Hide quoted text -

I have a friend with this problem on one wheel. He has pounded on it
too. I just sent him your method.

Aluminum wheels on steel hubs can get very interesting. I to had to
loosen 5 wheel nuts and drive around the block turning sharply left
and right to free up the wheel I wanted to rotate a few years ago.

He has a 2000 Nissan pickup, but I figure the wheels are steel.