Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default How far can you drive your car with all the lug nuts removed?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:52:56 -0400, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

willshak,

I'm guessing the OP has not seen wire wheels. No lug nuts. "Removing the
lug nuts from the tires" is rather funny, too.

Dave M.

Umm, the only automotive wheels without lug nuts (plural) are the ones
referred to as "knock off" wheels and they do have a nut... just one.
Wire wheels can be of either flavor, knock off, regular lug nuts or...

My car has no lug nuts or knock off nut to hold my wheels on. It has
lug bolts. So far I've gone over 50K miles so I win!!!