Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default street lamp ballast

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:20:14 PM UTC+1, Fred wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:33:46 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I have had a closer look. There is something printed on the bulb but

all I can make out is "Phillips"; the rest is too faded to see. It

seems it is not a BC cap but actually has pins at right angles, a bit

like a car brake light. I've taken a photo for you to see. You may be

able to see a little of what is inside the glass, if that helps

identify it?

I've seen those 3 pin bases before, if that's what it is, but don't know which type of light it is. I'd ebay it as seen, calling it a 250w hydroponic lamp, explaining where it came from, and that its either sodium or mercury.

NT