Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default How far can you drive your car with all the lug nuts removed?

wrote the following on 10/16/2012 4:35 AM (ET):
How far can you drive your car with all the lug nuts removed?

This is a real challenge. Remove all the lug nuts from all the tires on
your car.

I don't have lug nuts on my tires.

Get in the car, and drive. How far can you drive without
having a wheel fall off? This takes real skill, and separates the boys
from the men.

Try it, and post your distance on this newsgroup. The person driving
the furthest before a wheel falls off is the winner of the *BEST DRIVER
AWARD*. "Watch your speedometer for the distance".

I drove 352 miles without the lug nuts on my wheels. How much did I win?

* DO NOT do this in traffic. Do it on a private road or a little used
back road, when there is no traffic. Be sure to have your lug nuts in
the car, along with a jack, and a lug wrench. Sooner or later at least
one wheel will fall off, and you'll have to raise the car and put the
wheel back on, with the lug nuts.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY