Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stanley Schaefer Stanley Schaefer is offline

Default How do you attach a 3-jaw chuck to a mill's table?

On Oct 11, 10:02*am, "Paul C. Schiller" wrote:
Hi Guys,

I can't see any sub plates or added backplates in the video, they might be there though.

Might also be through-bolted from the top. *But can you really do that with a scroll chuck?

Anyway, I've not seen/heard anything that makes much sense to me yet.

A mystery indeed.

Asking Hurco (even if you could reach someone with the answer) *just feels like defeat.

Machinists are supposed to be a bright bunch. I should be able to figure this out.

Could it be a plug that expands in the chuck's bore as you tighten a bolt through it into a tee-nut in the table's slot?

Plug's hight in the bore would have to be below the plane of the jaw slots. *On my 6" 3-jaw that's about 1.25" of meat in the bore to grip.

Scratching my head on this one still...

PaulS

I use lathe chucks on a rotary table, table has a large hole in the
center extending past the T-slots. I just made a replica spindle
nose, slotted the bottom for a bar that fits the T-slot and use a bolt
through the center of the spindle nose clone to clamp the bar to the
table. I can spin any chuck I want onto the table, with or without
workpiece from lathe operations.

Stan