dowsmith dowsmith is offline
Junior Member

Sounds to me like Pegler are being economical with the truth. I'm reading this post 8 years later - but have had ongoing similar problems with all the Pegler Terrier TRVs that were fitted when my new CH system was installed in Mar 2003. I think almost half of them have leaked or stuck. I similarly rang Pegler - who said this was unheard of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleniumaire View Post
I have been liaising with somebody at Pegler via email about my
problem with sticking pins and they tell me that "The Pegler Terrier
II has never sufferred from this problem". So there you have it -
from the horses mouth. I must be "imagining" that 5 out of the 16
Pegler Terrier II TRV's fitted to my radiators are failing to open or
close because the pins in the valves are sticking! I have noticed
that in each of these valves there is a hint of leakage so I suspect
that rust/limescale is causing the pins to stick.

I will be replacing the valves with a different make to ensure that I
don't "imagine" this problem again.

Paul.

chris French wrote in message ...
In message
,
Milleniumaire
writes
Pressing the pins down seems to have loosened them up and they are
"currently" working but I suspect it is just a matter of time before
they stick again!

When you finally get fed up with them, ditch them and replace them with
Drayton TRV4s ' in a recent survey, 8 out of 10 uk.d-i-y'ers said they
preferred the taste'