Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default O/T: Colonoscopy

Doug Winterburn wrote in
eb.com:

On 10/11/2012 03:05 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 22:09:47 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Doug Winterburn wrote:

During the first procedure, I was observing the TV and giving
commentary so the nurse put a towel over my head and instructed me
to "shut up and lay still". I now watch but keep my observations
to myself...

You guys that watch on the screen are sick - or too involved with
yourselves. Put me to sleep. Let me wake up when it's all over.
Why in the hell would I want to endure that and even more important
- why the hell would I want to watch it? Sleep is good...

There are actually two types, a partial (you get to watch) and a
full (they put you out). I've had them both. It is like watching a
sci-fi movie rather than what is really going on.

Prep is about the same for both, but with the partial, you can drive
home or even go to work yourself. The disadvantage, if they find a
polyp, you'll be going back for the full anyway.

They wouldn't start my procedure until I had a driver there to take me
home and they have removed polyps, so I'm not sure of what you're
describing as a "partial"? For some reason, I'm never fully "out",
but my wife says she is when she has had the same procedure?

I had a single session endoscopy and colonoscopy, up and down the whole
way. I was totally out during the procedure. Spouse came to get me home.
They wouldn't have let me go solo. That was a little over 10 years ago,
so I'm likely in for another session. The prep the night before is the
worst part of the whole thing.

--
Best regards
Han