Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default O/T: Colonoscopy

On 10/10/2012 9:49 PM, Steve B wrote:
"Swingman" wrote

Deja Vu all over again, three times now ... the first I wasn't sedated,
watched the screen, directed traffic and actually pointed out a polyp
before the doctor saw it. The last two weren't as much fun because they
didn't offer the no sedation option. Actual procedure is a piece of cake,
the prep is absolutely the worst part, but worth a few laughs when the
memory fades ... lost too many friends and relatives to colon cancer,
shame on you if you don't stay current on this procedure.

My aunt was diagnosed, and was dead within three months. But this was back
in the seventies. Early detection saves soooooooo many lives.

One of my dearest friends, band mates, and coonass brethren, was lost to
colon cancer about fifteen years ago, leaving behind two small
daughters. I still want to kick his ass, between tears when thinking
about it, for not paying more attention to the symptoms and having a
colonoscopy ... the chance is excellent that he would still be with us
today had he done that.

Take heed, you young bullet proof mf's ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010