Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
George Herold[_2_] George Herold[_2_] is offline

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

On Oct 10, 11:50*pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 06:27:05 -0700 (PDT), George Herold

wrote:
Hi SEB. *Well I sent an email to Don klipstein on this topic. *And
have permission to copy his reply.
from Don K. below
2: *In incandescent traffic signals, the bulbs for yellow last
longer than for red and green. *So even after being switched on
and off about a million times, on-time is still a significant
factor in life expectancy.

That means for my proposed test comparing a 50% duty cycle flashing
light bulb, with one that is on continuously, the continuous light
bulb will burn out first. *That's the opposite of what I saw with the
theater marquee bulbs. *Now, I'm really tempted to run the experiment.

Experiments can be very useful.
I'd worry most about how you turn on the bulbs.
Maybe just some simple relays?

1,000 hours isn't all that long. (or are you going to over-voltage
the bulbs?)
I guess I'd want at least 10 bulbs in each group. Say 60 watts.....
1200 kW-hrs.

That's looking like more money than I'd want to spend on the
electricity.

George H.

--
Jeff Liebermann * *