Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Taylor[_2_] Bill Taylor[_2_] is offline

Default Electricity store?

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:24:00 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 02:21:46 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

http://www.aweenergy.com/midnight_sun.php

Have they solved the world's big energy problem or snake oil?

I think its a big car battery and that's all. Or snake oil

Big (maybe) battery. Interestingly they say you can have power during a
power cut "whilst there is retained power in the solar collector".

I wonder how they deal with any back feeding? AIUI with a normal PV
system loss of mains meant loss of all power as the invertor shuts down
without mains.

SMA do a system that lets you grid connect, but run off batteries when
mains fails. You need something called a Sunny Island as well as a
compatible SMA GTI and lots of batteries. Not cheap though, and
probably not what aweenergy are offering.