Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default wood carving tools

Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, then I won't say it. Why didn't you use some of your stash of
baltic birch ply for that project? You DO have a stash, oui?

I'm building up a pretty nice (or at least numerous) collection of
boards. They are all domestic. No BB-ply. I am enjoying the
collecting--a board from here, a board from there. Of course, I
recognize that the approach has disadvantages. This lumber store I
visited though has ALOTTA lumber. Here is a link to their site--they
deliver. And you can even see the auction house in the photo on their
web site.

http://www.northwestlumberco.com/

I hope that board hasn't been sitting around for too long. Poplar is
like balsa when it's fresh, but aged, it's more like oak. Amazing.
It's like doug fir in the sense that it petrifies when really dry.

I noticed that 2 feet on one end are twisted. But the rest seems nice,
and I don't need those two feet for my main project.

--
Energy and persistence alter all things.
--Benjamin Franklin