Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Optical Video Output on VISIO 42" TV

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:01:05 AM UTC-7, Kirk M wrote:
I bought a Visio 42" TV last April. Since that time, I have not been able to get the optical output to work. I even changed the setting to force stereo output.

The same optical cable and surround sound system work just fine with my Samsung Blue Ray player,

Are you sure it's an optical OUTPUT? If it is intended to support, for instance,
a blu-ray player, it'd need an optical INPUT. They look the same.