Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Optical Video Output on VISIO 42" TV

I bought a Visio 42" TV last April. Since that time, I have not been able to get the optical output to work. I even changed the setting to force stereo output.

The same optical cable and surround sound system work just fine with my Samsung Blue Ray player, so I am believe that the cable and surround sound system are working as expected.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

KM
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 3, 9:01*am, Kirk M wrote:
I bought a Visio 42" TV last April. Since that time, I have not been able to get the optical output to work. I even changed the setting to force stereo output.

The same optical cable and surround sound system work just fine with my Samsung Blue Ray player, so I am believe that the cable and surround sound system are working as expected.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

KM

What auxiliary equipment are you connecting to that does not work??
Have you been back to the store where you bought the TV? Assuming you
did buy from a retailer, take your auxiliary equipment that doesn't
work to the store and try it on their model abd see what happens.
Then post again here what happens.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:01:05 AM UTC-7, Kirk M wrote:
I bought a Visio 42" TV last April. Since that time, I have not been able to get the optical output to work. I even changed the setting to force stereo output.

The same optical cable and surround sound system work just fine with my Samsung Blue Ray player,

Are you sure it's an optical OUTPUT? If it is intended to support, for instance,
a blu-ray player, it'd need an optical INPUT. They look the same.