Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default So where do you dispose of the hazardous waste?

On 2012-10-09, BeeJ wrote:
Sealed lead acid batteries.
Use up alkaline batteries.
Dead LI batteries.
NiCd batteries.
etc.

They don't go in the trash but they are piling up in the corner.

I just put 'em in the trash. My philosophy is that anything that fits
into an opaque garbage bag can be put out with the regular household
garbage.

I got some hazardous insect killer I wanted to dispose of. There is one
place I can take it, across town, once a year. Like hell I will.

I ran into the same issue with old gasoline.

miss a day of work and carry it by hand to the city dump which is only
open like 3 hours one every two weeks?

**** that.

I poured it out in the alley and on the patio.

my last jug of vacuum pump oil went into the trash. It's just mineral oil,
no big deal unless you call it used vacuum pump oil and people assume it
was used in to manufacture semiconductors or something else with exotic
toxic nasty stuff.