Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wood carving tools

Bill wrote:

Yes, I do get frustrated when I walk through a retail store (like
Koel's yesterday) and see "sale prices" that make me feel like they
think I'm an idiot. But like Leon noted, the markup has little to do
with the actual value to the customer. Thus, it makes sense that the
retailer would put all of the value (that the tools possess) that
they can into their pockets. Although I'm not sure it's good for the
customer-relailer relationship in the long run. But this relationship
seems be to be viewed in a short-sighted manner these days.

It's not just these days Bill. The notion of the nobel retailer is a
romantic notion in the minds of those who pine for things of yesteryear. In
fact, years ago retailers were not looked upon kindly at all. They were not
trusted, and many if not most people viewed them as greedy. I don't thinks
there's much that's any different today than there has ever been. There's
always been the noteworthy place that believed in giving genuinely good
deals, and there still are today. Today, just like in years past, you just
have to find them because they are a unique thing in their industry.

On a similar note, more and more states are trying to draw more taxes
from state lotteries. Surely the price of a ticket is a small price to
pay for such a shortcut to wealth! : ) On the other hand, Hungary
made a law this week making slot machines in pubs illegal. Interesting
article he

Good for them! I'll bet that shortened the lines at the cash register in
the local quick-stops. There's few things that I hate more than getting
stuck behind lottery ticket buyers at the cash register...

--

-Mike-