Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need some creative thinking

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:54:13 PM UTC-7, jtpr wrote:
I have a friend (I know, hard to believe) that collects bicycles. Along the way he picked up this Schwinn sign: http://jtpryan.smugmug.com/Other/Sch...5840307_PSLwCF He asked me if I could figure out a way to frame it so he could hang it on the wall. The problem is that the bottom corner and one side are missing. I'm not coming up with any clever ideas and thought somebody here could. Thanks for any advice. -Jim

Attach it to a piece of plywood. Build a frame over the edges. Mount an bicycle seat or some other interesting bicycle related part over the missing chunk. Maybe even some other small Schwinn logo sign or framed photo, etc. The extra item will look like it belongs there as an embelishment, vs hiding the flaw.