Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] cedarsonny@aol.com is offline

Default Home-made air cleaner remake

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 4:04:07 PM UTC-5, Han wrote:

On a side note, I noticed your fire extinguisher in the pics....

For those of you who don't have fire extinguishers and would like one or some, you might check with your local extinguisher serviceman/service center. Old extinguishers, I've discovered, that don't meet code for many applications, are often discarded. For utility or shop use, there is often no code or less strict codes and these extinguishers are suitable and available for little $$$ or free, depends on the service center and/or the extinguisher. The only cost would be to have it refilled/re-activated. In some places, I suppose, having a fire extinguisher might reduce an insurance premium, too.

The local service center, here, is giving me several extinguishers, for the shop, for free, but after chatting, I offered to make the owner a bistro table, for his patio, in exchange.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

Sonny