Posted to uk.d-i-y
Interloper[_2_] Interloper[_2_] is offline

Default Wiring conventions

"Tim Watts" wrote:

Interloper wrote:

The first rule (sentence) is very clear about the use of the bi-colour
combination of green-and-yellow only. It refers just to the colour
identification, and not to conductor reassignment.

It's a compelling argument - I'm inclined to change my POV about
the interpretation.

I still maintain that it's a bad idea though.

I agree it's not the perfect solution, but as a last resort when you have
run out of cores, it's useful to know that reassignment of the green/yellow
conductor in a multicore cable is permitted under the IEE Regulations.
Providing, of course, that the integrity of the earthing system is not
compromised as a consequence of the reassignment.
--
Interloper