Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT This is the reason I hate the public enforcing the law

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 01:05:46 +0100, Phil Addison
wrote:

Seriously, I recommend trying it, but I doubt reading the links is
enough. It works much better with several of you in an interactive
tutorial with a good teacher. I've been through these and its most
satisfying afterwards to be able to divert conversations away from
confrontation to get people to accept what you want them to without
even raising your voice. Works with family and friends too, not
just in work.

We used to call that "Being a manipulative ****."

Sometimes apprentices just need a good bollocking. It's often good for them.
The smart ones will learn from it and use it when they are on their own at
work and need to stand up for themselves.

Once the bollocking is over then they are working with me and the bollocking
is history (unless they did not learn from it)

--
Adam