Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Gotta hand it to the tories.

There comes a time when one really needs to put all laws into somekind of
computer and get them to rationalise them so we have fewer more
understandable ones. Of course there is no incentive to do this as the more
complicated stuff is the more stealth taxing can be broought in.
The low vat on domestic fuel, could one if you lived in a motor home get
all your fuel cheaper, no, of course not.
Airlines moan about the overheads yet they still fiddle on fuel tax and buy
it in countries where the tax is lower as well.

The trick with governments is to tax highly whilst not annoying the public
enough to stop being sheep.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...
I fancied a hot pork sandwich today, ok they're £2 but what the hell, lets
live a little. Hmmm, they're now £2.40 thanks to the guvmint. That's 8 old
shilling, nearly half a quid extra. I'll be damned if I buy another one. In
their wisdom, the guvmint has added vat to things which are kept warm and
sold at a temperature higher than ambient. If they're not kept warm and are
cooling down, no vat (so Greggs are ok with the pasties). Brilliant. Might
be interesting to see what happens with fish'n'chip shops. Presumably
chinese takeaways are ok since its cooked to order and isn't kept warm.
Shirley frozen stuff should have vat also? The shops are keeping it frozen
for us, it isn't warming up.
Pity the govmint have no idea of the real world. Bring on the election,
can't wait to vote for my mate David.