Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

Jasen Betts wrote:
Chinas international mail is heavily subsided. hearsay I've heard that
it's so heavilty subsidised that in some cases they pay the sender
/hearsay. while doing the same in the USA would probably help small
exporters (and therefore the balance of payments) I can't see the
republican party getting behind subsidising a "state run monopoly".

Isn't the USPS already a state run monopoly which is subsidised?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Postal_Service

Note that it says that the USPS has not DIRECTLY received taxpayer funds
since the 1980's.

Geoff.

"Owning a smartphone: Technology's equivalent to learning to play
chopsticks on the piano as a child and thinking you're a musician."
(sent to me by a friend)