Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Jasen Betts[_2_] Jasen Betts[_2_] is offline

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

On 2012-10-06, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Phil Hobbs wrote:

Several years ago the USPS restructured their rates for mail outside of the
US. They dropped surface mail, replacing it with an air mail system that
takes almost as long. I have had packages take 6 weeks to arrive here airmail
from the US.

They did a survey of prices of the courier services, and simply charge 1/2
of what the courier services do. If you want registered mail, they charge
another $12 or so for it.

Compare that to China which charges a few dollars to send a package, and
another dollar or so for registered mail. Or the UK (and the rest of the
EU) that charge about $5 for postage and registered mail.

Chinas international mail is heavily subsided. hearsay I've heard that
it's so heavilty subsidised that in some cases they pay the sender
/hearsay. while doing the same in the USA would probably help small
exporters (and therefore the balance of payments) I can't see the
republican party getting behind subsidising a "state run monopoly".

--
š‚šƒ 100% natural