Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default What's up with this?

On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 08:40:05 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

"John B." wrote

Quality. Would you want a non-sealed light on a boat?

All the interior lights I've seen on boats were not a "sealed light".
--
Cheers,
John B.

I now have to go back and read the description of what I did buy. For the
prices, I would expect, not assume, that there is some degree of sealing.
But, I am not in a salt water extreme exposure environment. We putt putt
around the local 50-250 acre lakes. I guess I could get some really good
ones, or maybe just get some of those $700 aircraft navigational lights to
be on the safe side.

Why would one have to have sealed lights on many of the lights on a boat?
Mine is a puddle jumper, but on large seagoing boats, the interior lights do
not need to be sealed and explosion proof unless they are in a fueled area.
Lots were simple light bulbs.

Steve

Rain and time

Gunner

--
Adde cruorem stultitiae, atque ignem gladio scruta
To your folly add bloodshed, and stir the fire with the sword (Horace)