Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default eternal september vs: aioe

"Steve B" wrote in message
I am having problems with my aioe news server. Lots of times says
cannot connect to server. Did a restore. No good.

Downloaded eternal september. Followed bouncing ball, and set up
user name and password. Not sure about how to use it, as when I
click the newsgroup icon, I get a list of strange things like
.config, .info, .grouprequests, well, you know if you use eternal
september.

What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to do to get this working?
Am set on port 119 as suggested.
Steve

I forgot how I set it up but it wasn't hard. I click an OE desktop
shortcut, then one of the newsgroups I added under
news.eternal-september.org.

Clicking news.eternal-september.org. brings up a Newsgroup
Subscriptions box with all groups listed, beginning with
24hoursupport.helpdesk and then 3dfx.*.

The ES server isn't all that reliable either.
jsw