Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default You seen one bag of mortar, seen'em all??

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 08:12:09 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Existential Angst wrote:

Well, I guess it's a grout bag for Moi....

But I have another idea:
Since I have all sorts of tubing, mebbe a simple 1" tube (3/4"+ id)
with something of a plunger could be used to apply the mortar to the
wall. Put the mortar in a longish tub ( I have one of them plastic
jobbies), just scoop the tube in, and plunge the stuff out where you
want it.

Good luck in getting a meaningful amount of mortar into the tube/pipe.

If I had an electric or air powered caulk gun it *might* be worth
buying/recycling some empty tubes and making a funnel to fit them---

OTOH- By the time I got a tube filled, I might have already
re-mastered the art of the grout bag. If I had a helper standing
around it might be worth the time to fill a tube and squirt it with
power.

Jim