Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Could you whack an inch off?

"RonB" wrote:

I have built several heavy rocking horses using contrasting
hardwoods. I spend 80-100 hours on each and I have seen some with
similar substance and features in the $500 and up price range. Two
of mine have gone to grandkids and one to the daughter of a good
friend. The other two have been donated to our church for raffles.

Invariably someone sees one of them and asks the dreaded question:
"How much would it cost for you to build one of those for me?
Normally the price is $1,000.00; however, if you are not in a hurry,
could probably do one for $750 in about 6 months after receipt of a
$500.00 advance deposit.

Keeps out the riff raff.

Lew