Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Could you whack an inch off?

RonB wrote:

Invariably someone sees one of them and asks the dreaded question:
"How much would it cost for you to build one of those for me? I
start off explaining that there is nearly $200 worth of hardwood and
hardware in the horse. That is when I get that "over the top of the
glasses look" and you can hear them thinking "This guy is getting
ready to screw me."

Maybe just say you can make the horses for $750, or that you can provide
detailed instructions including a material list for $25.
Include a list of the required tools too.
To be nice, you can even offer to provide assistance over the phone if
they run into trouble.

Maybe if you tried eagerly to explain how they could build their own you
could close your sales faster! Perhaps don't even provide them a price
until they well understand exactly how they could build their own! : )

Good luck (and have fun)!
Bill

These people have no clue that with the cost of
materials, even if I charged $500, I could make the big bucks shoving
hamburgers across the counter at McDonald's.

They don't have a clue.

RonB