Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Now would be a good time for the annual"have you tested your central heating system" post

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 21:33:03 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

A pilot light is typically burning about 250W, continuously in your
case.

That much? Yeeps if I've got the maths right and 5p/kWhr for gas that's
over £100/year. Glad oil boliers have spark ignition...

Yes indeed. I got caught a few years ago when they changed my
meter. The old one didn't register the pilot light, being the
only usage over the summer. After the change I saw what it was
costing and turned it off for the summer.

I now have a condensing boiler with spark ignition, but the
replacement PCB, just after warranty expired, cost several years
energy saving.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK