Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 21:52:53 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

"jim stone" wrote in message
Not being able to find a small internet radio to buy we liked, we got
mobile phone with which we link with wi-fi to a modem router, and use it
as an internet radio.

Keeping the phoned plugged into its charger all the time, we are using it
to play *all-day* background classical music through an amplifier and
speakers.

Since the phone has no 'moving parts' unlike a computer, we are wondering
if this continuous playing all day of the phone is going to shorten its
working life ?

The bits that will fail [first] in a mobile phone are the battery and
display. You can replace the battery and switch off the display.

Except phones with hardwired batteries.

I have two 40+ year old solid state radios that still work.

My 39YO HP45 still works but the power switch is too flaky to be usable.