Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Could you whack an inch off?

"SonomaProducts.com"

Replying to this post but there are many posts with the same argument
"the customeer is always right" And I agree with that statement. However,
I am not in the cabinet business. I don't build what people ask me to
build. I don't take commisions. I am an artist. I create beautiful things
in wood. I have pretty much sold everything I ever offered for sale. I
have tossed aside my failures. Not everyone will love or even like what I
do. I think of it like a pair of shoes. I think most of them are ugly but
somebody is buying them. I just buy the ones I like. My art is offered in the same way.

My original post was about how a dear and close friend does not have the
same stylistic sensibilities as myself and I thought that was funny.

I know that I have been the one to push harsh opinions on little
insignifacant subjects sometimes so I guess what goes around...

I've mentioned this in the past, but once again ... I've always been a fan
of your work and certainly was not denigrating it in any way, simply
remarking upon the necessity for most of us to put the term "custom" into
the forefront. I meant it when I said good luck ... keep following that
muse, Bubba, and don't let a bunch of us jaded old farts get you down.

--
www.ewoodshop.com