Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Could you whack an inch off?

Leon wrote:
On 10/2/2012 6:04 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
tiredofspam wrote:
On 10/1/2012 7:57 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:49:14 -0700, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Maybe I can get him something from Ikea. He won't know the
difference. :-(

There are entirely too many people out there like that! Next time
give him a board with a recess routed in it and call it a picture
frame. You could even mount a picture of your table in it :-).

Along the same lines, I built something with beautiful highly
figured wood and gave it as a house warming gift to a friend and
his wife. She said, didn't you have any better wood. I explained that
the
beautiful figure was highly prized and treasured. She said it would
be better if it were just plain brown.

And... when I had a custom built guitar built, I selected the wood. It
was the wood that I liked. Not what the luthier liked, or what
anyone else may have liked or not liked. It was my money, and my
desires. Why do guys here think that their preferences are
ordained? It's what the customer wants. Sheese...

Cant you read MIKE?????? It was a freaking GIFT!!!!

YOU DO NOT look a gift horse in the mouth.

That does not make sense Leon. The recipient did not look a gift horse in
the mouth. They asked for an addition item, with different specifications.
Can you read???

--

-Mike-