Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Could you whack an inch off?

SonomaProducts.com wrote:

I guess you totally miss the irony in my original post. I explain how
I take all this time doing such an exact job and the world doesn't
notice. I was capping on myself as much (more actually) than my
friend.

I guess I did miss that. Please allow me to say that such was not very
obvious (at least to me...) in your comments.

I do take offense that you say I am not an artist. I am. Is my art
loved by all? No. Does that stop me from creating what is in my
heart? No. Are there those who can appreciate and love my art? Yes.

Yes - I'll take that back. Doing great work - especially with such
dedication to detail is indeed a form of artistry - and I do not want to
deny that in your work. My bad for using that phrase. I will hold though
to what I believe is a component of an artist, which is to appeal to the eye
of the "public" - though I know that can sometimes conflict with the inner
thing in an artist. Now - go figure that out...

That's the thing about art. You don't get to decide. It is an
expression of the artist.

I agree. And I suppose it is the right of an artist to complain about not
being understood. And as a regular Joe, I just don't understand them damned
artists...

--

-Mike-