Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Could you whack an inch off?

On 10/2/2012 6:04 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
tiredofspam wrote:
On 10/1/2012 7:57 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:49:14 -0700, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Maybe I can get him something from Ikea. He won't know the
difference. :-(

There are entirely too many people out there like that! Next time
give him a board with a recess routed in it and call it a picture
frame. You could even mount a picture of your table in it :-).

Along the same lines, I built something with beautiful highly figured
wood and gave it as a house warming gift to a friend and his wife.

She said, didn't you have any better wood. I explained that the
beautiful figure was highly prized and treasured. She said it would be
better if it were just plain brown.

And... when I had a custom built guitar built, I selected the wood. It was
the wood that I liked. Not what the luthier liked, or what anyone else may
have liked or not liked. It was my money, and my desires. Why do guys here
think that their preferences are ordained? It's what the customer wants.
Sheese...

Cant you read MIKE?????? It was a freaking GIFT!!!!

YOU DO NOT look a gift horse in the mouth.