Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default OT This is the reason I hate the public enforcing the law

"SteveW" wrote in message
On 03/10/2012 18:53, Another John wrote:
In article ,
SteveW wrote:

Looking at many drivers on the road, it's a bloody miracle that they
know which side the petrol cap is on, never mind checking their
lights.

Now that is something I do have a problem with. I drive 9 different
vans and
only one of them on a regular basis. I do have to look to see which
side the
other 8 are on before filling up.

I don't know about vans, but some cars have a little triangle on the
gauge, pointing to the side that the filler is on.

(Yes! I discovered that last week in the Grauniad! Never even noticed
that little triangle before then! In my defence, my 'other' car does
not have one, so it's not universal yet.)

But I unwittingly caused a thread swerve: my point was not that some
drivers don't know which side the petrol cap is (even less that some
drivers will queue for a pump on "the right side"!!), but that for
some drivers a car seems to be like a magic carpet: you get in, turn it
on, foot down, foot off when you get where you want to be. Oh and you
put petrol in every now and again.

John

Do you really expect anthing in this group to remain on track?

SteveW

So, did anyone see The Beach Boys' dreadful performance on Later with J.H.
at the weekend ? :-)

Arfa