Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default AC Cap Dropper DC Power Supply

On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 10:42:54 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

[snip]

If the design is for universal, CE-tested use, AC line voltage can go
to 264 RMS. That's 373 peak. In that case, the maximum fet dissipation
can be teased well over 1 watt; try it. That fet is rated 1.8 watts
max. If you sim one case, with nominal line voltage and typical Idss,
you are taking risks. Test lab time is expensive; product recalls and
fires are more expensive.

Your sim seems to assume 240 line voltage.

It's down-right amusing, YOU lecturing me on rigorous simulation. I
often do 45 PVT corners.

YOU, You post nothing but vague crap.

Once I decide on a configuration I'll beat the crap out of it to make
sure it's a valid design.

Go sit in the corner and suck your thumb and contemplate how many
other ways you can think of to pimp yourself :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |