Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Default AC Cap Dropper DC Power Supply

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 21:20:47 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 21:11:23 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 20:31:25 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 17:50:14 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:44:00 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

AC Cap Dropper DC Power Supply

Anyone know of a clever way to regulate other than the typical
brute-force zener clamp?

...Jim Thompson

I ended up with this...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...00056_MOD3.pdf

Using a depletion-mode NMOS FET.

I have a version I personally liked better that used a cheapy TRIAC
under DDROP3, but I could not find a way to get some "free" power for
the gate... needed while pumping, goes away when overcome by the
switcher coming on line.

(This is a wild high PFC, high efficiency dude, where the customer is
squeezing me for milliwatts :-)

...Jim Thompson

That's crazy. Not only is it expensive, once the 24 volt supply kicks
in, it dissipates most of a watt, doing nothing.

Boy, did I just save you some embarassment.

You're so ignorant you don't know how it works. Thanks for the
exhibition!

...Jim Thompson

Well, how much power do R1, R2, the TL431, and ROFF dissipate once the
main supply is up?

Harder question: what's the worst-case dissipation of the fet if the
main supply doesn't come up, like if the load is shorted or something?

Bwahahahahaha! You lost the thread... actually two threads... and a
controller chip...

Follow your own advice... do your own searching ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

It was "my bad" to have emulated the main supply with a pulse
source... doesn't work that way at all, but I can't show the
customer's circuitry.

In actual practice a PFC/PWM chip comes alive and the switcher starts.
But that "20V" sags since the charge pump can only support ~24mA.

The switcher takes over at 14.5V (about 250ms into the action), the
FET gate is pulled low to shut off the wasted power. The gate
resistor is actually 220K, but the demo TL431 won't work (because of
Iq) to show how "regulation" might be accomplished.

Harder question: what's the worst-case dissipation of the fet if the
main supply doesn't come up, like if the load is shorted or something?

You are trying to amuse yourself by throwing sand in the air. But you
don't understand how it works. Will some first year EE student
explain it on Larkin ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

I was thinking about that, specifically where that idealized 300
volt-peak full-wave-rectified waveform came from. If it is through
diodes, there's no pull-down to pump the series RC thing; if it also
drives a 24-volt non-PFC switcher front-end, you won't get that
waveform. If the startup circuit has to be working before a main PFC
switcher starts up, there are all sorts of interesting tangles. If the
switcher starts up on its own, what's this circuit for? Standby power
for some controls? It would still have to work when the PFC was down.

In actual practice a PFC/PWM chip comes alive and the switcher starts.
But that "20V" sags since the charge pump can only support ~24mA.

The switcher takes over at 14.5V (about 250ms into the action), the
FET gate is pulled low to shut off the wasted power. The gate
resistor is actually 220K, but the demo TL431 won't work (because of
Iq) to show how "regulation" might be accomplished.

Right. ROFF is obviously over-constrained, hence my question about
power consumption, which you elected to not answer. There's no ROFF
value that works sensibly. A much simpler circuit would work.

Does this rig have to work from 90 to 264 volts AC? That, and the Idss
spread, gets interesting.

Harder question: what's the worst-case dissipation of the fet if the
main supply doesn't come up, like if the load is shorted or something?

You are trying to amuse yourself by throwing sand in the air. But you
don't understand how it works. Will some first year EE student
explain it on Larkin ?:-)

I understand how it doesn't work. And so far, it doesn't.

You've made a pretty quick transition from "I ended up with this..."
to "my bad." But you're not done yet.

ps - the answer is just about 1 watt lost, with your values of R1, R2,
the TL431, and ROFF. That is, for the record, about 1000 of your
customer's milliwatts.

Keep trying.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

My fault for trying to demo without telling ;-)

There's roughly 400mW consumed while bringing up the switcher. Drops
to ~1mW when turned off.

If the load is shorted ?:-) 212mW in RDROP, 31.9mW in the FET. See,
you clearly don't understand how these things work :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

You always brag about designing great circuits without "telling." You
troll for ideas, then hide behind "proprietary" when you do settle on
something... even if you got the ideas here.

There's roughly 400mW consumed while bringing up the switcher. Drops
to ~1mW when turned off.

Then you have some other circuitry that specifically turns off the
startup supply, that is not shown in the circuit that you posted here.
What is it?

Your circuit is complex. Something much simpler would work, and would
go to very low power all by itself once the main switcher comes up.

If the load is shorted ?:-) 212mW in RDROP, 31.9mW in the FET. See,
you clearly don't understand how these things work :-)

Is that worst-case? The fet Idss is min 20 mA, typ 80, no specified
max. There is some value of Idss that results in the maximum power
dissipation. What is that value, and what is the dissipation? You
should be able to tease Idss to dump around a watt in the fet, which
is fine if you heat sink it.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 10:42:54 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

[snip]

If the design is for universal, CE-tested use, AC line voltage can go
to 264 RMS. That's 373 peak. In that case, the maximum fet dissipation
can be teased well over 1 watt; try it. That fet is rated 1.8 watts
max. If you sim one case, with nominal line voltage and typical Idss,
you are taking risks. Test lab time is expensive; product recalls and
fires are more expensive.

Your sim seems to assume 240 line voltage.

It's down-right amusing, YOU lecturing me on rigorous simulation. I
often do 45 PVT corners.

YOU, You post nothing but vague crap.

Once I decide on a configuration I'll beat the crap out of it to make
sure it's a valid design.

Go sit in the corner and suck your thumb and contemplate how many
other ways you can think of to pimp yourself :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 11:08:51 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 18:03:56 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 08:34:46 -0700, John Larkin

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

The series current-limiting cap dissipates no power,

---
Not quite true, since no dielectric is lossless.
---

so it can be shorted by a low voltage switch.

---
It can be but, depending on when in the cycle the switch turns on,
things might get grim.
---

If it drives, say, the input of a
bridge rectifier or a 2-diode restore thing, short the input of that.

---
Still, depending on when in the cycle the switch turns on, things
might get grim.

Bad engineering can create grim outcomes. Better to not do that.

---

It becomes a bang-bang regulator. If the controller is to be a custom
IC, a modest amount of complexity is free, so some intelligent
zero-crossing thing would be appropriate. But just dumb bang-bang
ought to work.

---
From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!
---

This is one variation:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53724080/Ci..._regulator.jpg

inrush current will destroy it.

As I mentioned, and you snipped, people often include a series
resistor to limit transient currents.

---
And yet your circuit shows that some people - who should know better -
don't.

Idiot whining again. That's pretty much your skill set.

---
I'm the idiot???

You claim that people often include a series resistor to limit
transient currents and yet, the circuit you show - which seems to be
susceptible to damage from transients - doesn't include the resistor
you claim should be there.
---

C-limited supplies are commonly used for things like LED night-lights.

---
C = current?

Idiot whining again.

---
Then what does C-limited mean?

Be careful, that's a trick question. :-)
---

Since resistors are way cheaper than caps, my feeling is that using
cheap 2mA LEDs in parallel opposition with a 1/4 watt resistor in
series with 120V mains will do the trick.

A 1/4 watt resistor dissipating 1/4 watt in a confined space won't
last long.

---
Could you be a little less specific, please?
---

At 240 volts, 2 mA dissipates a half watt.

---
Oh, goody!!!

You know Ohm's law too!!!
---

You?
---

It does take good engineering to do them right.

---
Then you don't make LED night-lights, I take it?

What an ass you are.

---
Ah, then the inference didn't go over your head?
---

I certainly don't make night lights for production. My stuff sells for
kilobucks, not cents. I have done a few for myself, for personal
applications.

---
Wowie zowie!

How ever so kewl!
---

I assume that JT has some commercial application in mind, with a low
vampire power budget, and has no ideas of his own.

---
With no ideas of his own?

I think the US government would quarrel with you on that one, and win.

--
JF

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

[...]

From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!
---

This is one variation:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53724080/Ci..._regulator.jpg

inrush current will destroy it.

As I mentioned, and you snipped, people often include a series
resistor to limit transient currents.

---
And yet your circuit shows that some people - who should know better -
don't.

Idiot whining again. That's pretty much your skill set.

---
I'm the idiot???

You claim that people often include a series resistor to limit
transient currents and yet, the circuit you show - which seems to be
susceptible to damage from transients - doesn't include the resistor
you claim should be there.

I said in plain English that a series resistor might be appropriate.
In some cases, like a clean low-voltage AC source, it might not be
needed. I've done lots of voltage-doubler type supplies with no series
R.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[snip]

If the design is for universal, CE-tested use, AC line voltage can go
to 264 RMS. That's 373 peak. In that case, the maximum fet dissipation
can be teased well over 1 watt; try it. That fet is rated 1.8 watts
max. If you sim one case, with nominal line voltage and typical Idss,
you are taking risks. Test lab time is expensive; product recalls and
fires are more expensive.

Your sim seems to assume 240 line voltage.

It's down-right amusing, YOU lecturing me on rigorous simulation. I
often do 45 PVT corners.

YOU, You post nothing but vague crap.

Once I decide on a configuration I'll beat the crap out of it to make
sure it's a valid design.

Go sit in the corner and suck your thumb and contemplate how many
other ways you can think of to pimp yourself :-)

...Jim Thompson

Quote Jim:

"That's not the real circuit."

"Once I decide on a configuration..."

So, no good ideas yet? This is awfully simple; what's wrong?

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

[...]

From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!

---

[...]

incandescent lamp in series, drops back down to low R afterwards, keeps
every one happy

Actually, a depletion mode mosfet inseries with a network can act as a
current limiter, give you low Ron values when not hitting the current
wall. That should make the heat radiator police happy.

Jamie

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

[...]

From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!
---

[...]

In this instance, since you identified the input as "AC LINE" and the
thread is about mains driven current limited supplies, your
low-voltage driven doublers are irrelevant.

Also, the cleanliness of the source has very little to do with what
will happen when the mains gets switched into the load at different
angles.

--
JF

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

[...]

From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!
---

[...]

All you do is whine.

Hey, the Blue Angels are buzzing the building. I'm headed for the
roof.

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

[...]

From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!
---

[...]

All you do is run.

--
JF

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

[...]

From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!

---

[...]

Could also be signs of boredism?
---

JF

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

In sci.electronics.design Tom Biasi wrote:
On 9/27/2012 3:44 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
AC Cap Dropper DC Power Supply

Anyone know of a clever way to regulate other than the typical
brute-force zener clamp?

...Jim Thompson

A long,long time ago in a place not so far away I used a transformer
made by Sola that had a matched resonant capacitor.

ferroresonant transformer- they're peculiar beasts.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

The series current-limiting cap dissipates no power, so it can be
shorted by a low voltage switch. If it drives, say, the input of a
bridge rectifier or a 2-diode restore thing, short the input of that.
It becomes a bang-bang regulator. If the controller is to be a custom
IC, a modest amount of complexity is free, so some intelligent
zero-crossing thing would be appropriate. But just dumb bang-bang
ought to work.

This is one variation:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53724080/Ci..._regulator.jpg

inrush current will destroy it.

As I mentioned, and you snipped, people often include a series
resistor to limit transient currents.

C-limited supplies are commonly used for things like LED night-lights.
It does take good engineering to do them right.

Not sure anybody cares, but the P3 killawatt meter uses cap shunter power
supply. Those thigs have no memory, so if you lose power you lose all your
logged data.

I figured, easy, I'll toss a supercap in there, no big deal, and who cares
if the display stays on.

Of course that never worked as the current from that power supply was
close to nothing and unable to charge the cap in the first place. Even
being plugged in for days didn't help as the leakage probably exceeded
what the watt meter itself used.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On 9/27/2012 5:22 PM, Tom Biasi wrote:
On 9/27/2012 3:44 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
AC Cap Dropper DC Power Supply

Anyone know of a clever way to regulate other than the typical
brute-force zener clamp?

...Jim Thompson

A long,long time ago in a place not so far away I used a transformer
made by Sola that had a matched resonant capacitor.

Tom

Years ago at a hamfest booth, I had a vendor begging me to take one
off his table. It weighed about 50 lbs, he was down to $9. It was
closing time. I didn't get it. It would still be in my storage.
Mikek

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On 10/3/2012 9:56 PM, John Larkin wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:49:26 -0700, Jim Thompson

Go sit in the corner and suck your thumb and contemplate how many
other ways you can think of to pimp yourself:-)

...Jim Thompson

Quote Jim:

"That's not the real circuit."

"Once I decide on a configuration..."

So, no good ideas yet? This is awfully simple; what's wrong?

I swear to god I would never do business with either of you two. You
both act like 12 year olds and right here in full public view.

Simply amazing...

Rick

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

[...]

From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!
---

[...]

No timely reply?

Could it be that, as usual, you dodge the issue when you finally wake
up and find yourself with your foot in your mouth?

I think so.

Post a schematic to prove me wrong instead of your incessant blather.

--
JF

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

[...]

From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!
---

[...]

I suspect that JT never got a c-dropper circuit that works. His first
two tries were duds.

He's not very good once he gets off-chip.

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

[...]

From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!
---

[...]

Methinks if push came to shove he'd make inroads into your world which
you couldn't possibly make into his.

But that's really neither here nor there, since what's being discussed
is, ostensibly, your gobbledygook and your niggardly refusal to take
responsibility for your errors while trying to get off the hook by
damning others' as being worse than yours.

--
JF

On 2012-09-30, John Larkin wrote:

[...]

From the ridiculous to the sublime to the ridiculous!
---

[...]

Well, I don't design chips. But, from what I've seen of his off-chip
design, I'm not very worried.

But that's really neither here nor there, since what's being discussed
is, ostensibly, your gobbledygook and your niggardly refusal to take
responsibility for your errors while trying to get off the hook by
damning others' as being worse than yours.

What you call "errors" are mostly philosophical word play. I design
electronics.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

I suspect that JT never got a c-dropper circuit that works. His first
two tries were duds.

He's not very good once he gets off-chip.

---
Methinks if push came to shove he'd make inroads into your world which
you couldn't possibly make into his.

Well, I don't design chips. But, from what I've seen of his off-chip
design, I'm not very worried.

---
I don't think he's interested in your turf, but, since you don't know
how to design chips and he knows how to design circuits, that puts you
at a loss.
---

But that's really neither here nor there, since what's being discussed
is, ostensibly, your gobbledygook and your niggardly refusal to take
responsibility for your errors while trying to get off the hook by
damning others' as being worse than yours.

What you call "errors" are mostly philosophical word play.

---
Hardly.

I've called you to task, defined the parameters to which you refuse to
respond, and asked you to explain the inconsistencies in your
rhetoric, and yet you respond with silly dodges like:

---
I design electronics.
---

You don't, really.

All you do is take what's readily available and assemble it into
packages which you sell.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

I suspect that JT never got a c-dropper circuit that works. His first
two tries were duds.

He's not very good once he gets off-chip.

---
Methinks if push came to shove he'd make inroads into your world which
you couldn't possibly make into his.

Well, I don't design chips. But, from what I've seen of his off-chip
design, I'm not very worried.

---
I don't think he's interested in your turf, but, since you don't know
how to design chips and he knows how to design circuits, that puts you
at a loss.

I'm having fun, working with interesting projects and people and
making a living. I don't feel any loss. Actually, being confined to
on-chip design, mostly working alone, simulating for weeks at a
stretch, would bore me to death.

---

But that's really neither here nor there, since what's being discussed
is, ostensibly, your gobbledygook and your niggardly refusal to take
responsibility for your errors while trying to get off the hook by
damning others' as being worse than yours.

What you call "errors" are mostly philosophical word play.

---
Hardly.

I've called you to task, defined the parameters to which you refuse to
respond, and asked you to explain the inconsistencies in your
rhetoric, and yet you respond with silly dodges like:

---
I design electronics.
---

You don't, really.

All you do is take what's readily available and assemble it into
packages which you sell.

That's what electronic design is, putting parts and code together to
perform functions that people want. You could trivialize all novelists
that way... they just take words from dictionaries and string them
together. Or musicians... they just rearrange the same old notes.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

But when the string of words betrays the author or the string of notes
engenders cacophony, we witness your defense of your spew - your being
neither an author or a musician - as irrelevant.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

I went back to the depletion mode FET approach. The cap dropper
scheme works only with +/- AC swings, not with schemes that are
rectified/one-sided/no-pull-down.

I do have cap dropper designs in almost all "American made" clothes
washing machines ;-)

The depletion mode FET, and nice swap-over when bootstrap comes up, is
working perfectly and is in MASS production in China.

I posted this result ages ago... like ~6 weeks back. Why is Larkin
still whining about it? Avoiding put up or shut up ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

Indeed, but he'll always avoid either by not posting salient data
proving his position viable, or by muddying the waters.

He's made claims of designing cap-dropping power supplies, yet we see
nothing beyond his claims.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

I pointed that out early in the game.

I do have cap dropper designs in almost all "American made" clothes
washing machines ;-)

The depletion mode FET, and nice swap-over when bootstrap comes up, is
working perfectly and is in MASS production in China.

I posted this result ages ago... like ~6 weeks back. Why is Larkin
still whining about it? Avoiding put up or shut up ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

---
Indeed, but he'll always avoid either by not posting salient data
proving his position viable, or by muddying the waters.

He's made claims of designing cap-dropping power supplies, yet we see
nothing beyond his claims.

I recall JT posting a depletion-fet circuit, then a triac thing, both
of which had problems. Was a third circuit posted?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

legg wrote:

Who's on first.

http://archive.org/download/otr_abbottandcostello/440606_Whos_On_First.mp3

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:01:39 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

legg wrote:

Who's on first.

http://archive.org/download/otr_abbottandcostello/440606_Whos_On_First.mp3

One of my all time favorites!

My NOT favorite: "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein"... not the
movie to see when you're a little kid and have to walk back thru the
woods, next to the State Asylum, at night.

I kid you not :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:01:39 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?legg wrote:
??
?? Who's on first.
?
??http://archive.org/download/otr_abbo..._On_First.mp3?

One of my all time favorites!

My NOT favorite: "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein"... not the
movie to see when you're a little kid and have to walk back thru the
woods, next to the State Asylum, at night.

I kid you not :-(

Then you don't want click this link.

http://archive.org/download/otr_abbottandcostello/440113_VisitToASanitarium.mp3
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 14:19:31 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:01:39 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?legg wrote:
??
?? Who's on first.
?
??http://archive.org/download/otr_abbo..._On_First.mp3?

One of my all time favorites!

My NOT favorite: "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein"... not the
movie to see when you're a little kid and have to walk back thru the
woods, next to the State Asylum, at night.

I kid you not :-(

Then you don't want click this link.

http://archive.org/download/otr_abbottandcostello/440113_VisitToASanitarium.mp3

I can cope now, but fathom the situation when you're maybe 8 years
old.

(Back in the never-to-return past when it was safe to let your kids
walk thru the woods to the theater... now there are Democrats out
there :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson wrote:

I can cope now, but fathom the situation when you're maybe 8 years
old.

You can download the movie from several sites for free. It's likely
to be found on Youtube, as well.

Yes, it really bothers some people, but some just laughed at those
movies. No big deal on who was who. Very few ever bothered me, and that
movie came out before I was born. I think I saw it on the local TV
station when I was a teenager. It ran with movies like 'The Claw!!!'
;-)

OTOH, I cultivated the belief in kids at a local school that I was a
dangers & crazy man. They vandalized a lot of houses & stole from my
neighbors but you couldn't get a one of them to walk through my yard for
anything. If i stood on my front porch when school let out, the kids
would walk n extra four blocks, instead of past my house.

(Back in the never-to-return past when it was safe to let your kids
walk thru the woods to the theater... now there are Democrats out
there :-)

Most are toothless & in straight jackets. The worst most can do is to
drool on some poor kid! ;-)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:01:39 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?legg wrote:
??
?? Who's on first.
?
??http://archive.org/download/otr_abbo..._On_First.mp3?

One of my all time favorites!

My NOT favorite: "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein"... not the
movie to see when you're a little kid and have to walk back thru the
woods, next to the State Asylum, at night.

I kid you not :-(

Then you don't want click this link.

http://archive.org/download/otr_abbottandcostello/440113_VisitToASanitarium.mp3

I can cope now, but fathom the situation when you're maybe 8 years
old.

(Back in the never-to-return past when it was safe to let your kids
walk thru the woods to the theater... now there are Democrats out
there :-)

Yes, God must really hate republicans.