Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Could you whack an inch off?

SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Replying to this post but there are many posts with the same argument
"the customeer is always right" And I agree with that statement.
However, I am not in the cabinet business. I don't build what people
ask me to build. I don't take commisions. I am an artist.

That would explain why you conform to nothing - like usenet standards.
Maybe you ought to get over yourself a bit.

I create
beautiful things in wood. I have pretty much sold everything I ever
offered for sale. I have tossed aside my failures. Not everyone will
love or even like what I do. I think of it like a pair of shoes. I
think most of them are ugly but somebody is buying them. I just buy
the ones I like. My art is offered in the same way.

Then don't sell or give your "art" to people who will not respect your
"artistry". You clearly think too much of yourself and not enough of
others. Just build your stuff to satisfy yourself and don't burden the rest
of the world with what they can't possibly understand. Build it, admire it
and go to sleep at night patting yourself on your own back. Just quit
bitching that others don't see it your way. You may do very nice work, but
you sir, are no artist. An artist is concerned for what the viewer sees.
You are only concerned for what you want them to see.

My original post was about how a dear and close friend does not have
the same stylistic sensibilities as myself and I thought that was
funny.

No - you did not think it was funny. You bitched about it. Stand up and be
a man and accept what you said.

I know that I have been the one to push harsh opinions on little
insignifacant subjects sometimes so I guess what goes around...

Yeah - it sucks when it comes around - don't it?...

--

-Mike-