Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Now would be a good time for the annual"have you tested yourcentral heating system" post

On 03/10/12 09:26, Arfa Daily wrote:

shaft with a screwdy to get it started - and much to my surprise, it ran
straight off. Fair bit of gurgling initially, but it quietened down and
all the rads got hot. It's a 30 y.o. Ideal Mexico, probably due for
replacement but hey, while it's still working ...

I replaced my Ideal Mexico five years ago. I never turned it off over
the summer as getting the pilot lighted again tended to be troublesome.
After it was replaced with a Worcester-Bosch whiich had no pilot light I
realised how much that pilot light was costing me over the summer months.

--
djc