Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default OT This is the reason I hate the public enforcing the law

On Oct 3, 10:02*am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Another John wrote:
In article ,
*"ARW" wrote:

What I do not need is some knobhead travelling the other way
putting his main beams on to tell me there is a headlight out
on my van. I know that there is a headlight out, what does
the daft **** want me to do?

Me? I stuck my main beams on and moved across to the other side of
the road and scared the **** ****less. I swerved back in at the
last second but I loved it when he mounted the grass verge to avoid me.

Feel free to call me insane.
And you're proud of that?
Yes. 100% proud of it.

Hang on: so you nearly killed someone because he wanted to let you know
you had a light out?

What would you have done if he'd come up to you in the car park and said
"'Scuse me -- did you know your rear-nearside is nearly flat?" * *Shoved
him to the ground, kicked him, called him a nosey **** and told him to
mind his own business?

(Like TNP in another response) you say you were immediately aware that
your headlight had gone out: can I suggest (without fear of being filled
in) that you are in a tiny, TINY minority!??

Holy crap, are UK drivers SO BAD that they don't know they only have on
headlight left? Its bloody FRIGHTENING.

Or never pulls up behind another vehicle and notices there's only one
headlamp showing in the reflection (as I did last night :-) I wouldn't
go out of my way to inform these people on principle.

They can get pulled over or fail the MOT, and deserve it, for all I
care.

MBQ