Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Now would be a good time for the annual"have you tested yourcentral heating system" post

On 03/10/2012 09:07, mogga wrote:
On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 23:17:35 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 02/10/2012 23:07, geoff wrote:

Wouldn't it ...

Indeed... next week is the start of the "my boiler is broken season"

(as Geoff rubs his hands in anticipation!) ;-)

Blinking heck where do you live?

SE Essex

It's been on here on and off since 30th august I think. Thermostat

Mine did not come on at all in August or most of September, but that
could be due to it spending most of that time not connected to gas or
electricity and being sat in a pile of scrap in the garden ;-)

level was low enough to trigger it on. Think it was about 2'c in the
greenhouse then.

Don't think it has dropped below 8 at night so far here, and 13 odd is
not uncommon in the day. With the weather compensation on the new one, I
have seen it running flow temperatures as low as 32 on occasion.

I am still waiting for summer.

Got a feeling its going to be a long wait!

--
Cheers,

John.