Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Now would be a good time for the annual"have you tested your central heating system" post

Ah yeas some years ago a friend told me that a plastic coctail stick had
been in his boiler doing a similar task for five years.
Could be that this is a common problem with boilers.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Bill" wrote in message
In message , geoff
writes

Wouldn't it ...

I tested mine last week and all is running fine! The boiler fires when
requested, the pump runs and the rad's get hot, what more could one want?
Well perhaps to fix the intermittent fault on the PCB that causes the main
gas valve not to open. I've had a biro jammed across the PCB for 3 years
now holding something, as yet unseen, in just the right position so that
it works! If it wasn't so bl**dy awkward to get to I might take it out
and re-crimp and clean all the connectors. As it is the biro will
probably serve for another winter, at least.
--
Bill