Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.mobile,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Graham.[_6_] Graham.[_6_] is offline

Default Using mobile phone as an internet radio

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 18:57:07 -0400, Tom Biasi
wrote:

On 10/2/2012 6:32 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
There are many factors that cause something to fail. I you
don't use it, it has no working life. I don't wish to play
semantics but if you use it you are using up its working life.

Not so. With mechanical devices, regular moderate use provides a longer
useful lifetime than using the device only rarely.

I don't agree but will say no more.
Regards,
Tom

Not sure if my News server supports x-posts to the entire Usenet, but
I digress.

An incandescent light bulb is a good example, If it lasts 1000 hours
when run continuously, its life will be considerably shorter if run
(say) 4 hours a day and the time it is on added up.
Equipment with lots of thermionic devices like very early computers
were, as far as practical, never switched off because of the
likelihood of failure.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%