Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Could you whack an inch off?

Dave wrote:
On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 19:04:32 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
And... when I had a custom built guitar built, I selected the wood.
It was the wood that I liked. Not what the luthier liked, or what
anyone else may have liked or not liked. It was my money, and my
desires. Why do guys here think that their preferences are
ordained? It's what the customer wants. Sheese...

We all aspire to be the valued artist ~ the one that gets paid $$$ for
whatever we make and no matter how it turns out.

And the real woodworking "artist" realizes it is not all about what he
delivers - it's about what his consumer wants, that he can deliver. That
changes the focus greatly.

--

-Mike-