Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Could you whack an inch off?

On 10/1/2012 7:57 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:49:14 -0700, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Maybe I can get him something from Ikea. He won't know the difference.
:-(

There are entirely too many people out there like that! Next time give
him a board with a recess routed in it and call it a picture frame. You
could even mount a picture of your table in it :-).

Along the same lines, I built something with beautiful highly figured
wood and gave it as a house warming gift to a friend and his wife.

She said, didn't you have any better wood. I explained that the
beautiful figure was highly prized and treasured. She said it would be
better if it were just plain brown.