Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Now would be a good time for the annual"have you tested your central heating system" post

In message , geoff
writes

Wouldn't it ...

I tested mine last week and all is running fine! The boiler fires when
requested, the pump runs and the rad's get hot, what more could one
want? Well perhaps to fix the intermittent fault on the PCB that
causes the main gas valve not to open. I've had a biro jammed across
the PCB for 3 years now holding something, as yet unseen, in just the
right position so that it works! If it wasn't so bl**dy awkward to get
to I might take it out and re-crimp and clean all the connectors. As it
is the biro will probably serve for another winter, at least.
--
Bill