Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Could you whack an inch off?

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in
:

I spend hours getting my Stickley reproduction designs as exact as
possible, measuring from eBay photos and Stickley catlogs. I did a run
of very small round tables, in Cherry (not classic). Something you
might use as a plant stand. I exercise exacting detail. I did an oil
finish (tried and true) that took a few weeks to complete. I give one
to a dear friend for his birthday.

His wife says "Hey great, we can use it as a stool in the shower!" I
help them understand maybe it won't hold up to the use in a wet
environment.

Now a few weeks later I get an email. "Hey I want to give one of your
stools to a friend. Do you have another one? Could you whack an inch
off of the legs and add some adjusters to the bottom in-case they have
an uneven floor?"

Maybe I can get him something from Ikea. He won't know the difference.
:-(

When I had a broken lef I bought one of these (sorry if it wraps)

http://www.amazon.com/Moen-DN7025-Adjustable-Shower-
White/dp/B000VYK87U/ref=pd_sim_hpc_8

--
Best regards